When I was younger Saturday mornings were made for one thing and one thing only…cartoons! During the week it would take my mom many attempts to wake me up for school, but on Saturday mornings, no effort was needed because more than likely I was up bright and early to stake my claim to the remote. I have an older brother and a younger sister and we are all pretty close in age, which now is like the best thing ever, but back then we weren’t all buddy buddy. Luckily my sister and I enjoyed watching the same shows but once my brother was awake you might as well just give up hope and find something else to do because my mom wasn’t about to have us argue or we would be put to work early doing our weekend chores.
As my sister and I watched our morning cartoons my mom, the wonderful woman she is, would be at work in the kitchen either fixing blueberry muffins or french toast. Filling the house with amazing smells of cinnamon or blueberries. So, this morning as I awoke in my own house with all my adult responsibilities knocking on the door, I decided I would do a little throw back and make some french toast. The Saturday morning cartoon kind of french toast before I started my weekend chores and of course share it will all of you. This is the simplest of recipes, I’m not even sure I want to call it a recipe just because it only has a few ingredients!
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk (more if needed)
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon (more if needed)
- 4 slices of cottage white bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl wisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon until combined.
- Melt butter in skillet or griddle pan on medium high heat
- Coat slices of bread in the egg, milk, and cinnamon mixture
- Cook each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Top it off with some butter and syrup! Enjoy!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!